Our Irrigation Technician will play an integral role within the company, working in conjunction with our landscape construction crews, as well as on independent projects. We are known as a full-service provider in the landscape industry, and irrigation is one of the areas of our business that sets us apart from other providers and assists us in delivering the ultimate client experience. We embrace a fun, family oriented-work environment with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our outstanding reputation is built on our Core Values: Professionalism, Accountability, and Integrity.
This position will collaborate with our Landscape Construction Crews on projects to ensure timelines are met, as well as offering consultation to clients to meet their irrigation needs. Partnering with Maintenance crews will also be crucial to ensure client’s properties are kept in top condition. The Irrigation technician will install new systems as well as service existing systems as part of our full-service client experience offering.
The Irrigation Technician’s Responsibilities:
- Greeting clients in a professional, courteous, consultative manner
- Sales and Business Development
- Identifying opportunities for cross-selling our services
- Designing and installing plans according to client needs
- Ordering and tracking of supplies
- Liaising with construction and maintenance division on shared projects
- Operating power tools and various pieces of equipment
- Routine maintenance of installed systems
- Trouble-shooting of existing systems with water or electrical issues
- Snow and ice removal responsibilities during the winter season on a 24hr schedule
This position offers a competitive hourly wage, with considerations made for additional training/certifications. In addition, the successful candidate will be offered a comprehensive benefits package as well as opportunity to participate in company-matched savings plan and ongoing paid training opportunities. A laptop and company paid cell phone will be provided, as well as use of company vehicles for work related travel.
- Relevant post-secondary education
- 2 years of residential irrigation experience
- Stellar communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Safety oriented
- Mechanically inclined
- Valid G Class Driver’s Licence