Garden Bed Maintenance crews report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor. The position involves regular weeding of flower and shrub beds. Pruning and deadheading of plants as appropriate for variety and species of plant. Application of mulch to beds. Application of fertilizer and weed control products. Some grass cutting is also required.
**Winter duties include: Plowing, salting, shoveling, and other related duties as assigned
This position offers a competitive hourly wage, with considerations made for additional training/certifications. In addition, the successful candidate will be offered a comprehensive benefits package as well as opportunity to participate in company-matched savings plan and ongoing paid training opportunities when available. We are a safe/positive working environment with opportunity for advancement with no seasonal layoffs.
- A willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather
- The ability to complete heavy or repetitive work
- Experience in the landscape industry
- Post Secondary education as well as a class G licence, and your own transportation
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Excellent references